Search This Blog

January 25, 2012

AmbassadorinBondsforChrist

Hello there,
My name is Landon Thompson.... if you didn't know that already.
And if you did already.

So this is my very first blog post, and I'm excited.
I've had a goal to officially launch a blog for 2 to 3 months now, and it's finally happening!

To start off, who exactly am I?

I'm an Ambassador in Bonds for Christ. That comes from these 2 passages.
Eph 6:18-20 (KJV)
"Praying always with all prayer and supplication in the Spirit, and watching thereunto with all perseverance and supplication for all saints;
And for me, that utterance may be given unto me, that I may open my mouth boldly, to make known the mystery of the gospel,
For which I am an ambassador in bonds: that therein I may speak boldly, as I ought to speak."

2 Cor 5:20 (KJV)
Now then we are ambassadors for Christ, as though God did beseech you by us: we pray you in Christ's stead, be ye reconciled to God.


Why am I starting this blog?
To bring honor and glory to God, while encouraging other followers of Christ..


Vision:
I'm going to post once a week for the next year.. My plan is to have it posted by 12pm every Wednesday for the next 52 weeks. Now you all can keep me accountable, so if I don't post please email me and say "WHAT? NO POST?!?"
 

Basically, I'm still in the formulation stage of exactly what I'm going to post every week, but here's an idea of the items this blog may include:

Bible Verse
Story
Encouragement
Challenge
Resource
Quote
Fact
Perspective
Tip
Inspiration
Picture

.... or possibly a variation of 2 or more.

Anyway, I'm learning to be content with what I have and move forward....  even if I do not have a perfect blog post. and/or everything I want/need to include.

Inspirational Perspective: Zig Ziglar http://www.ziglar.com/newsletter/?p=1419

Thanks for reading!

Landon

2 comments: